On Wednesday, November 16th, Dare to Believe hosted their first official Olympians Live! nationwide webinar event for both primary and secondary schools. Over 12,000 students tuned in from all over the country to watch two of Ireland’s top Olympians, Tokyo bronze medallists, rowers Aifric Keogh and Eimear Lambe. The two 30minute shows were hosted by TV personality and activist Emer O’Neill and they welcomed students from six schools ask the Olympians questions live.
Reviews of the webinar reported that students loved having live access and interaction with the medallists; learning about the athletes lives, training routines (they can weight lift the equivalent of a panda!!) , the importance of teamwork, information about the sport of rowing and how they came back from injury and defeat. The rowers were described as inspirational!
A special mention to some of the schools who joined us live to ask questions below.
- Presentation Primary School in Fermoy Co. Cork
- Mary, Help of Christians Girls National School, Ashton, Dublin
- Scoile Einne, Spiddal, Galway
- St.Patrick’s NS, Wicklow Town, Co.Wicklow
- Ursuline Secondary School, Blackrock, Cork,
- Colaiste Iosaef, Kilmallock, County Limerick
- Presentation Secondary School, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary
- St. Peter’s College, Wexford
Learn more about how you can get your school involved by visiting here.
The Dare to Believe team are delighted with the event and look forward to more Olympians Live! events in the future.
Enjoy the videos below!