10 Step Process
Before the Workshop
1. Teachers sign up their school/class to host an Olympic Ambassador using the form at the bottom of this page.
2. Liaise with Dare to Believe team to set dates for Ambassador visit
3. School will receive the Dare to Believe 5 Ring Resource pack which includes: Downloadable worksheets, with physical activities and challenge for each module.
4. Begin working through the modules and prepping the students for the ambassador’s visit. Each module includes reading material, videos, classroom activities, physical activities, individual challenges and debriefing questions. We have identified each strand unit that is used to make the resources as teacher friendly as possible.
5. Students aim to complete challenges for each ring and track it on their Olympic Values cards. The teacher verifies each challenge they complete and gives their card a stamp.
On the Day
6. Ambassador Athlete visit day: Teacher will hosts the ambassador + facilitate the q&a with students. The teacher leads the activities and the ambassador assists the teacher and makes the activities fun. The ambassador will cover the module on Striving for Excellence, introduce goal setting, and tell stories about their life as a sportsperson.
7. Teacher debriefs the students after the visit.
After the Workshop
8. Teacher and students finish up their challenges.
9. Teacher reviews the visit and the programme.
10. Kids submit their completed challenge cards and teacher sends submits these to OFI. Upon completion, the school receives the
Olympic flag and an Olympic poster.